HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Thursday, May 21, 2009

And The Winner Is..........

Well, its almost midnight on Thursday and time to announce a winner for the Name Your Baby Contest.  Baby turtle can hardly wait to have a name and stop being called Baby turtle.  You all came up with very creative names.  As each one came in I would think, Oh, I bet that will be the one.  It has been a much more difficult decision that I expected.

But in the end, there can only be one winner.  So after thinking through each name thoroughly I've made a decision.  

So now, the envelope please..........

Drum roll.............................................................................................................................................

The winning name is Miss Mae after Mae West.  It is fitting that her name be that of a floozy since her daddy was Captain Jack, after all.

Miss Mae was submitted by Pey of peylu.etsy.com and folkartvision.etsy.com.  Pey is from Canada, an active member of EFA/artist helping animals, and a very creative artist. Congratulations Pey!  Convo me with your mailing address and I will get your card in the mail. :)

Here are some of my favorite examples of Pey's work.

Thank you to all who participated.  I hope it was fun for you.
Elizabeth




3 comments:

pey said...

Oh my god, this is better than winning a lottery, thank you, Elizabeth !

Carol said...

congratulations pey, this is a great name, glad you won!

Annette Tait said...

Congratulations Pey - the name is really just lovely!
and thanks Elizabeth for having the contest!
Miss Mae is here to stay :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...