HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Inspired by the Creativity of Children

In keeping with the theme of children's art in the last few posts, I've created an original collage for the Crowabout Challenge.  This is for week 87.  We'll just ignore the fact that I'm 2 weeks late.  This collage is entitled Through the Window and it is meant to make one ponder the creative thoughts in the imagination of a child.  I've always remembered fondly a quote from the old Muppet Babies cartoons.  Gonzo said "Who knows what weirdness lurks in the minds of kids."   LOL!   That would definitely have been true at my house.



This collage began as an original digital collage printed with archival pigment inks.  It was then hand embellished with a variety of artist colored pencils.  And then mounted permanently on a gallery wrapped canvas painted with acrylic paint.    It may be found in my 1000Markets Shop.

On another note, I've been gathering a few treasures from sales lately.  I thought I would share.   I bought this suitcase from Aunt Agnes (as her niece running the sale called her).  The others have come from various sources.



Isn't this pin cushion sweet?


There was nothing in the thread box.  But I thought the box itself had enough character to stand on its own.


Dancing Swans all in a row.


I bought the photograph of this woman framed.  It is not a print but an actual photograph in 11 x 14 size.  Is this woman anyone famous?  Should I be recognizing her?  I'd love to share her with you for art purposes. But would love even more to know something about her.  Feel free to download her and please share your work with me if you do something creative with her.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it all E, the woman is definitely le Belle Epoque but she doesn't look familiar. Something about the slouch of her pose makes me think she's not a famous femme but a more local lady. She certainly looks like someone you and I would love to sit and chat with for hours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...