HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Monday, May 24, 2010

Dreams of Africa and a Sophisticated Safari


This is a self portrait.  Well, not really.  But I wish it was.  There is just something about Africa that calls to me.  I love Africa, yet I've never been there.  Sophisticated Safari is an original digital collage that has been embellished with pastels.  She has a wistful look as she scans the map of Africa.  Perhaps she is longing for days gone by.  You may find Sophisticated Safai in my shop in 8" x 10" size ready to be framed. 

And since we're on an African theme, I'll share with you once again, my Lion portrait Wild.  The 24" x 36" original hangs in my living room.  But you may purchase an 8" x 10" archival giclee print in my shop.


Starting today and running through the month of June, I'll be donating 10% of all my sales to the Berkeley East Bay Humane Society in West Berkeley, CA. The shelter was destroyed by fire on May 20. They will need much help to rebuild.

2 comments:

Brenda Lynn said...

Your Sophisticated Kitty is wonderful, E. I really like how the pastel shading brings out the details and creates such depth. She does appear to be standing in a memory (or a longing 'o)

(Karen) Lisa Daley said...

I'm attracted to Africa also - maybe because it's so exotic and different from New England and is home to such beautiful animals. I read a book long ago that said all of our ancestors originated in Africa. Wish I could remember the title, I'd like to read it again. Good luck with your cause. Sky and I plan to list something good in his shop soon to help out a little.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...