HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Friday, July 13, 2012

Sometimes You've Just Gotta Brag

You know, sometimes you've just gotta brag!  And since this bragging is on my students and not on me, I guess its ok.


I have been teaching a workshop in soft pastels during Session 1 of Artful Gathering 2012.  Our subject was a black rabbit but we used layers of colors to create the shape and shading of our rabbit.  This lovely and fuzzy bunny was drawn by Justine.  Isn't he delightful?  He has a perky look in his eyes like he just might do a little skip any minute.

And just about the same time I was getting lovely feedback from my Artful Gathering students, my Creative Pencils students were sending drawings to me that were so nicely done.  They have grown much in their skills.  I am so proud.  What's a teacher to do, but to brag!  LOL!


This is Buddy, drawn by Sherri Fults.  I love how Buddy's tummy looks so real.  I guess its funny that I would notice his tummy.  But it just caught my eye.    Sherri is growing rapidly in her pencil skills and is anxiously awaiting the opening of the animal portrait workshop on Creative Pencils this Fall. 


And this creative composition was drawn by Sandy Simpson who began lessons at Creative Pencils as a beginner late last Fall.  She has progressed nicely in her skills.  This drawing was the result of a lesson prompting creative composition that communicates a feeling.  These items are very personal to Sandy and her family and so they do communicate her intention.  Look at that hat.  Didn't she do an especially nice job on the hat?


And now, what about you?  Yes, you can do it too.  Opening day for Session 2 of Artful Gathering is in 2 days.  I am teaching a workshop using Graphite pencils and Derwent Graphitint pencils.  I have said that this project is for students that have some drawing experience.  Don't let that scare you off.  It you can draw a very simple line drawing and if you have at least a basic idea about shading, then you are ready for this class.  I will walk you through the rest of it one step at a time.  We will be drawing this beautiful barn owl.  

I hope you will join us.  The workshop is $120 for over 4 hours of step by step instruction.  You may enroll by going to Artful Gathering 2012 and click the registration button at the top of the page.  There is a small registration fee of $5 which helps to fund the gynormous amount it takes to run a site this large. Once you are in the site, you can sign up for the workshop by clicking the Workshops tab at the top of the page.  Scroll down to session 2 and you will find Portrait of Beauty and Wisdom there.  You click on that and then can purchase the workshop through paypal.  
Whew!  Its easier to do than it is to type.  LOL!

I hope to see you there.    

****CREATIVE PENCILS HAS MOVED TO CREATIVE WORKSHOPS****


CAPTURING DREAMS ONE DRAWING AT A TIME

Wind and Honey Creations


1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! These are beautiful - you have some talent in your class. How rewarding to know you are helping them achieve their artistic goals!

I'll be back tomorrow for the Create hop :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...