HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Monday, May 30, 2011

Shedding Season Has Begun!


Lydia has begun shedding earlier this year.  I don't know if that is a reflection of the harder winter this last year.  Or if it is a warning of the hotter summer to come.  I hope it is more about the winter passed than the summer coming.  We have a brushing session like this daily now as I attempt to save my carpet from looking like the yard.  But the funny thing is the clumps in the grass don't stay long.  The birds think Lydia's hair is lovely for nest making.  I imagine little baby birds all snuggled up in white blankets of Lydia's winter coat.  I wish I could be in just the right spot at just the right moment to get a picture when the birds come to gather.  They look so funny as they fly away with tufts of white hair hanging from their beaks - kind of like little Santa Birds.    



Wind and Honey Creations

1 comment:

Art From The heart said...

Lydia is quite beautiful but then I bet she knows that.
Our Golden Willy is also shedding ,my 2 cats love to chase his fur as it flies through the house!
Hugs, Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...