HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Melange Challenges



The Melange Team is having 2 challenges right now. This week's word challenge is heavenly. Here is my entry. You have probably seen this one before. But it fits so well I decided to enter it anyway. The quote says "And on the 7th Day He rested... with a cat in His lap." I personally authored this quote and I am quite confident that this is true.


The second challenge is to use fabric in some way in your mixed media piece. The deadline is today. And true to form I am sliding in at the last minute. Here is my entry. It has felt and vintage tatted lace for fabric. It is also embellished with vintage buttons and a stamp. The quote says "The road to a friend's house is never long." Actually I use lace in lots of my work and I could have used many pieces. But I've been wanting to do something with these felt flowers and this challenge gave me the spark to make it happen.


3 comments:

Brenda Lynn said...

They're both very nice, but I just LUV the first. So very true I think also!

Kathy said...

I can't decide...love them both. What a talent you have.....
~xx~
Kathy

mvegan said...

Same as Brenda, both are beautiful, but I am in luv w/the first, so sweet and wonderful writing! :) Michele, mvegan5

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...