HomeAboutGalleryPurchase My ArtWorkshopsFeaturedFree Tutorials

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Mary Frances

I found this lovely young lady at a garage sale a few years ago.  She was quietly sitting in a box of unwanted photos just waiting for someone to choose her and offer her a chance to become something besides discarded.  It is sad how many people living real lives outside of photos also feel discarded and are waiting for a chance to become something besides discarded.  I want to begin this new year saying to you that you are a person of value.  You are a part of God's creation and you matter.  My wish for you in this new year is that you will find the peace that passes understanding.  And that you will live your life creatively and in joy.




The photo was signed "Dearest Love, Mary Frances '33".  Please feel free to download Mary Frances as my gift to you in this new year.  Use her in your art and give her a new purpose.  If you download her, I'd love for you to post a comment here about what your artistic thoughts are for her image.  

Wind and Honey Creations

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful find! Lovely picture, lovely Mary Fances, lovely thoughts from you!! What a sweet gift!!
God bless you in this new year!!!
Kim

Studio 27 said...

Lovely! She just glows.....

twostraycats said...

What a lovely post Elizabeth ~ so poignant and beautiful ~ I have always loved the old sepia photographs and this one is no exception ~ thank you for sharing your thoughts and kind words ~ Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Lily

Kathy said...

Wow what a lovely photograph Elizabeth. Thanks for posting it, Happy New Year!

Trishia said...

Elizabeth, What beautiful sentiments to begin the new year! I feel the same way about my postcards I love: the wrinkles and creases add authenticity and antique value! They need to be resurrected, repurposed and given a new life; not discarded just cause they're old.
Especially in light of the recession, I hope "my" antique value is increasing!ha! Bonne annee -- come visit me, Trishia
PS Will post a link to your blog!

peggy gatto said...

Thank you so much!!
Happy new/art year!!!!

Elsina said...

Thank you so much for the photo, I haven't thought about it yet what to use it for, I just love your poignant tale behind the photo. It is exactly what I always think when I see lost photos and albums of ages ago. I think how one day people took and cared for them with great pride and how it cann be they ended up in garage sales all lost and forgotten. I hope you"ll have a great 2010!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...